The Swift Shoulder Institute is the first of its kind in Northern Nevada. The Swift Shoulder Institute brings together specialists who are experienced in shoulder care — from sports medicine and shoulder surgeons to physical therapists and highly specialized orthopedic imaging technologists.
Specialized Shoulder Team
At the Shoulder Institute, our experts assess each individual patient and create a treatment plan based on your specific condition, lifestyle and expectations. Our trauma team treats hundreds of shoulder emergencies each year and specializes in treating fractured or dislocated shoulders. Our entire team has special expertise in shoulder conditions and includes specialists from the following medical areas:
Swift Shoulder Institute is led by Dr. Hilary Malcarney, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder reconstruction.
Our philosophy is to put the patient first by providing honest, compassionate, state-of-the-art care.
Swift Shoulder Institute
Whether you are an athlete suffering from an injury to your shoulder, or if the wear and tear of life has left you with a painful or arthritic joint, you want to get back to an active, symptom-free life.
This means different things for different people – for a competitive tennis player or a professional athlete, that’s having a shoulder that is functioning at a level that allows them to be competitive in their sport. For others, they may want to get back to all the activities they love – snowboarding, skiing, hiking, weightlifting, or swimming. And yet for others, shoulder pain has impacted daily activities. For these individuals, simple daily activities such as washing their hair, unloading the dishwasher or yard work has become difficult.
Often patients with shoulder problems are not sure where to start – is it a sports medicine doctor, a joint replacement surgeon or a physical therapist who specializes in shoulders?
At Swift Shoulder Institute, we can help you find the right specialists and care providers to treat your problem – the first time. Together we specifically serve patients with shoulder injuries, pain, or arthritis. We treat more patients with shoulder problems than any other orthopedic practice in the region.
- Biceps Tendon Tear (at the Shoulder
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Burners and Stingers
- Bursitis of the Shoulder (Subacromial Bursitis)
- Calcific Tendinitis of the Shoulder (Reactive Calcification)
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Glenoid Labrum Tear
- Hill-Sachs Lesion
- Muscle Strain of the Upper Back (Trapezius Strain)
- Osteoarthritis of the Shoulder
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) of the Shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Instability
- Shoulder Separation
- SLAP Tear (Superior Labrum from Anterior to Posterior Tear)
- Snapping Scapula Syndrome
- Suprascapular Neuropathy
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Weightlifter’s Shoulder (Distal Clavicular Osteolysis)
- Winged Scapula
- Shoulder reconstruction, including arthroplasty and arthroscopy
- Acromioclavicular (AC) Joint Separation Repair
- Bankart Repair
- Distal Clavicle Excision (Arthroscopic Method)
- Latarjet Procedure for Shoulder Instability
- Biceps Tenodesis
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Rotator Cuff Repair (Arthroscopic)
- SLAP Tear Surgery (Arthroscopic Method)
- Subacromial Decompression
- Glenohumeral Joint Injection
- Ultrasound-Guided Injection for Shoulder Pain
- Subacromial Injection
Shoulder Treatment Animations
Get to know the various shoulder treatments available at Swift Shoulder Institute by watching detailed anatomically correct animations explaining dozens of shoulder treatment options.
Find a Location
Specialized shoulder care from the region’s top orthopedic surgeons can be found at four convenient locations across Northern Nevada.