Our state-of-the-art open MRI is less restrictive and confined than a traditional MRI, providing a much more comfortable and relaxed experience.
What to expect for your MRI
BEFORE YOUR MRI
- If you are experiencing pain, you may want to take a medication to alleviate it before your exam. You will be required to lay still for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Although it is an open scanner design, in some exams such as shoulder or cervical spine you will be positioned with your head in close proximity under a platform. If you experience anxiety related to claustrophobia, ask your doctor to prescribe a medication to take before the exam.
- We will provide gowns or shorts for certain exams or you may want to wear something comfortable without metal.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
DURING YOUR MRI
- The duration of the exam will be from 35 to 45 minutes.
- You will be required to lay still during the exam.
- The tech will be in communication with you.
WHAT CANNOT GO IN THE MRI
- Implanted Neurostimulator
- Pain Pump
- Insulin Pump
- Implanted Heart Monitor
- Cochlear Implant
- Hearing Aids
- Oxygen Tank